Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Volume

Have you ever noticed there are some people who are just inherently loud?  And I am not talking about the obnoxiously loud talkers (perhaps for a subsequent post), but the individuals who just have so much to share, have such a great capacity for love, that when they speak they are at least 10 decibels louder than anyone else!
Some of these people are ‘my people’. 
Last Saturday I hosted a cousins catch up (just the ladies).  It was the first time my husband had been a witness to one of these catch ups.  He repeatedly advised me on Sunday that they were loud; he could hear, crystal clear the conversations… or rather the gossip that was spewing out at a rate of knots, despite being hidden somewhere in the house. 
My husband found the resulting energy slightly unnerving. I know my brother-in-law finds it all too much.  I find these feelings to be disappointing, but only because I LOVE the volume.
I think the volume correlates directly to love and eagerness.  We are just like a music device – if there is a song you just love, you can’t help turn it up.  For this reason, I think ‘volume’ in a family is important, and so I am broadcasting my love straight to you. 

No comments: