Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Two Concrete Swans

An affable man once described me as ‘particular’. 
On introduction to a friend of my mother’s, said friend exclaimed ‘you must be the black sheep of the family!’  
I have always wanted concrete swans.  White, black, any ole colour concrete swans.  I have no idea why – the concrete swan is not a necessity, nor is it a desirable item to have on one’s porch.  I had been looking for a damn swan for so long.  Then, about a year ago, one morning whilst a girlfriend and I were walking our dogs, I told her I had reached the conclusion that I’d never own a concrete swan… her laughter, confusion and derogatory remarks ensued for several blocks when suddenly she just stopped in her tracks and pointed across the road.  There on the verge, ready to be thrown out, were TWO concrete swans.
It was the morning of 10 November 2010.  It was the day I set up this blog account.  And since that day I have been trying to decide upon a theme.
Admittedly, I haven’t been sitting on my hands – the two concrete swans (or herein referred to as ‘the find’) helped me appreciate that anything may eventuate, so I:
·         received some more qualifications;
·         got married;
·         changed jobs;
·         reconnected with old friends;
·         started yoga again;
·         started running again; and
·         started listening to me and what I actually wanted.

Nevertheless, after a year, I am still without a theme for this blog.
I want to believe I could blog about my love of clothes, cooking, exercising, reducing my carbon footprint, my creations, my thoughts, my ideas, my travels, my renovations, my nail polish, my garden, my dog!  … blah, blah, blah
Still no decision has been made, but I needed to start.  Perhaps I should decide on two themes – after all that is the number of concrete swans I now own.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who says you need a theme?! Just write! The hardest part is getting started... Congratulations, you have already succeeded!

Whatever you have to say will always be captivating, and undoubtedly, INSPIRING!